Chief Strategy Officer
Octagon’s Chief Strategy Officer Simon Wardle, Phd oversees Octagon’s multi-faceted strategic research to ensure the broadest and most effective impact for Octagon’s clients.
Among his successes is the creation of Passion Drivers®, pioneering research designed to understand why fans are fans. In addition, he developed the architecture for many of the interactive measurement and management tools that Octagon uses to help clients engage consumers and drive business results. In 2014, Wardle released The Passion Shift™ that quantifies how fans feed their passion for sport across a myriad of digital, social media and mobile channels, in-home and in-stadium.
In 2014, Wardle spoke at SXSW and The Economist’s – The Big Rethink to share The Passion Shift™ and his insights around how brands can successfully connect with fans through passion. That same year, he was named to SportsBusiness’ 2014 Innovators of the Year list.
Articles featuring Simon Wardle:
- Adweek: Should Bud Bring Its Puppy Back to Another Super Bowl, or Is It Time for Something New?
- New York Times: US Open Stars Juggle Preparation with Publicity
- Adweek Cover Story: What Globally Ambitious Brands Can Learn From Manchester United’s Playbook
- Adweek Cover Story: Is Tim Howard the Perfect Brand Partner?
- Forbes.com: The Future of Fandom in the US
- Sports Business Journal: Soccer’s Growing Reach featuring Simon Wardle